What you’ll get
Duration : 2 days 1 night
Departure : Ho Chi Minh City
Suitable : Family, Friends, All of people
Type : Cruise tour
Product Code : T30GEK03
An unforgettable cruise between Can Tho and Sa Dec. You will see a floating market, a flower village and the cosy colonial town of Sa Dec. Let's join this tour with our exclusive and private Gecko Eyes.
- Enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard
- Have the opportunity to go for a guided walk around Can Tho, a beautiful Mekong Delta town
- Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards
Flexible Price - Best Price Guaranteed
|OPTION TYPE||MAX||RATES||PRICE DETAIL||TOTAL|
Size : 14 m2 Max Adults: 2
Bed size: 1 double bed or 2 twin beds
Price per person for 1 night on board, max=2people/cruise
Choose date to show price
Total Option Price
Ends in : 05:23:35 hours
Easy & fast checkout
24/7 customer support
This option is fully booked, please change your date or contact us for more details.
- 1 Breakfast, 2 Lunches,1 Dinner
- A/C private transfer, Cruise
- Cruise Cabin, Hotel
- Price Includes
- All entry fees
- 4 savoury meals
- English speaking guide onboard
- Mineral water placed in your cabin
- Private road transfer from / to Saigon
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins on the Gecko Eyes
- Price Excludes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Surcharge on Christmas, New Year and Lunar New year
- Cancellation by Customer
For almost of our tours, once tour is confirmed and fully paid but for one reason they cancel the tour, the following charges will apply in the event of cancellation prior to tour commencement:
- More than 30 days before arrival: No charge
- 15-30 days before arrival: 10% of total tour price.
- 7-15 days before arrival: 50% of total tour price.
- 4-7 days before arrival: 75% of total tour price.
- Within 3 days before arrival: 100% tour price.
- There will be no refund given for any unused or missed ground arrangements, sightseeing, meals or hotel accommodations.
- For no show cases, there will be no refund.
- All cancellations must be in person or in writing and received by us
- Cancellation by Weather
In case of an unexpected situation/ bad weather causes an effect on your trip after commencement, we serve the right to change the itinerary of your booked tour for the safety of all clients in the group. If there are more than one solution, we will ask for your permission and agreement to do the next step. In such kind of cancellation, the refund of any payment on the un-used portion of transportation service, hotel service, car rental or tours will be given.
- Children Policy
- Under 4 years: Free of Charge.
- From 4 to 8 years old: 50% of adult’s fare and sharing bed with parents.
- From 9 to 11 years old: 75% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Students with ID student card: 95% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Over 11 years old: 100% of adult’s fare and using existing bed.
- Day 1: River Cruise to Sa Dec and visit of the flower gardens
We pick you up at your hotel in Saigon (district 1 and parts of district 3) and bring you to the pier in Cai Be (approx. 2 hours drive) where you board the Gecko Eyes. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served on the top deck, the boat starts cruising. Sit back on the sun deck or in our air-conditioned lounge and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
After lunch we arrive in charming Sa Dec for a city tour. There you can see the busy and colorful local market, enjoy a coffee on the nice riverside promenade and visit a nearby flower village with orchards. The charming town still has a lot of colonial architecture, in particular the old market, the church and many old villas and trader’s houses. We visit one of them, a beautifully renovated traditional house of a Chinese trader’s family. This sumptuous building belonged to the main character of the novel „The Lover“ and indeed to the lover of Marguerite Duras.
Writer Marguerite Duras grew up in the colonial town of Sa Dec where her mother worked as a teacher. In 1984 she published the apparently autobiographical novel L’Amant, translated into English as The Lover, which describes her adolescent affair with a Chinese man. The text won the Goncourt prize in 1984. In 1991 Jean-Jaques Annaut directed the successful movie The Lover. The film was one of the first Western films shot in Vietnam after the Vietnam war. Many of the scenes were actually filmed in Sa Dec where a number of the original locations of Marguerite Duras’ life still exist: in particular the family house of her Chinese lover, Huynh Thuy Le.
In the late afternoon we return to the Gecko Eyes vessel and enjoy a sunset cruise with more fantastic photo opportunities from aboard. If time allows there is a chance for a brief stop at a brick kiln or short bicycle ride before dinner is served on board and we moor for the night. You stay overnight on board your floating hotel in the Mekong Delta.
Meals: L, D
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Day 2: Cruise to Can Tho and visit of the floating market
Wake up well rested to the sound of the Mekong river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the boat sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After the tasty breakfast, we board a sampan boat to Can Tho floating market. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skillfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. Please note that time does not stand still in Vietnam — modern forms of trading are pushing back the more traditional forms of trading; this also affects Can Tho floating market which is currently getting smaller and smaller.
After the floating market you have the opportunity to go for a guided walk around Can Tho, a beautiful Mekong Delta town.
After lunch at Mekong Rest Stop we take you back to your hotel in Saigon.
Meals: B, L
Accommodation: Gecko Eyes Cruise
- Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice
- On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
- The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
Questions & Answers
9.2Based on 5 reviews
Value for money9.0
17 Jan 2020
07 May 2018
2days/1night. Overnight on the Mekong Delta was great. A walk through a local village provided a lot of laughs as we watched the local ladies in the rice fields scoop out water with motorbike helmets on sticks. After breakfast the following day, board a sampan & make a visit to the wholesale floating markets - amazing to see & just crazy to watch.
14 Mar 2018
18 Jan 2018
10 Mar 2012
Come and learn how the people depends on this river for livelihood. See the floating houses and commercial activities on the river. Day trip will also bring you to some of the small towns near the river to experience the peoples life styles. Mar 2012